We all know it’s coming! Fall is just around the corner bringing a ton of family and friend events and activities. School is back in session, Football season is just a few weeks away, and then the Holidays. So what can you do right now around your home to help alleviate some the of stress you are bound to encounter?
Here are a few tips to help you get an early start.
- Make it light and bright!Clean light fixture globes and replace burned out bulbs with LED bulbs. Take it up a notch by replacing the fixture with a classy new model.
- Do a bug inspection.Sweep away cobwebs, mud dauber nests and wasp nests from the corners of the porch or deck areas. (Make sure they’re asleep)
- Welcome!Replace worn out, faded door mats with better quality ones.
- Add a fresh coat. Paint, varnish or stain the front or outside doors and replace the hardware/doorknobs. Don’t forget the window shutters!
- Clean the walkways. You may need to clean your walks with a power washer. You can rent one if needed.
- Window washing. Windows can get pretty messy from the summer, so give them a shine. Don’t forget the screens.
- Flower beds. If you haven’t mulched yet, this is a good time to do it. If you have, rake through it to give it new life.
- Area rugs or carpet.Clean or replace worn out faded entry rugs or mats. Don’t forget your carpet. With the kids home for the summer you may have acquired some extra dirt, so get a deep cleaning. It will add life to your wall-to-wall carpeting. Get a company who and touch up your upholstery as well.
- Take a look at your home fixtures.Your bathrooms and kitchens may need some extra cleaning. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to replace your fixtures. It might be time to look at doing that Bath or Kitchen upgrade you’ve been wanting to do. Waiting until the holidays are here, may be too late.
- Dust, dust, dust. Dusting is a chore we all hate to do, but getting ready for the holidays will go easier if you dust your ceiling fans, air vents and those bookcases you’ve been putting off.
The list can go on and on, but doing these chores now will help you through the holidays. Enjoy!